December 7, 2009

My first try at a Flat Frame Opera Clutch

.  I got the bright idea months ago to buy the frame to make those cute flat wallets you see for sale everywhere.  I wanted to fancy it up with handmade and more usable insides and a handwoven outside.  It's taken me forever to figure out what I wanted to do on the inside and several failed tries.  I wanted room for more credit cards, etc. and the ability to actually put coins in the coin pouch and be able to close the purse!  Then, once I figured out the inside, I tackled the challenge of how to attach the inside and outside to the frame!  My first try with that destroyed some beautiful teal warp-faced twill.  I still have the pieces.  I'm going to try to find some small something to add them in.  (Can't throw away any of my weaving easily!)  My second try worked great, except for the glue.  I used too much.  It took me hours yesterday to get the glue off.  But, finally, I have a completed Handwoven Flat Frame Opera Clutch.  Haven't posted on Etsy yet.  Will probably do that later tonight.  But, here it is.  If anyone reads this, I would really love to get some feedback on the clutch.  Thanks in advance.


2 comments:

http://quiltsbagsgardens.blogspot.com/ said...

Wow...Andy...good for you. Once I get the glue off the cat, I will try again. Thank you for all your input....that was very generous. Also, I am enjoying making friends.

Happy New Year,

Kathy
http://quiltsbagsgardens.blogspot.com/

Simplysilverbyheena said...

i love it and have been trying to make one myself without much luck. do you have a tutorial for it?

Blog Archive