August 30, 2010

"Hey, Lady!"

I stopped in at the office supply store today to buy yet another headset/microphone to use with my VOIP phone. Frustrated! This is the 3rd I've bought in as many months trying to get good sound from a virtual phone on my computer. (Yep, that's me. I've turned a little bit Geekish over the years, on top of my flower chld tendencies.)

Before I go any further, let me state that I am a 20 year old flower chld of the 70's stuck now in a 58 year old body!!! How did that happen!

As I completed paying for my headset, and started walking to the door, the cute 20ish fellow, who was next in line behind me, started walking towards me, yelling:

"Hey, Lady! You have my camera!"

He caught up with me and reached into my shopping bag, as I stood there with my mouth handing open! That's right, he actually reached into my shopping bag, looking for the camera he was wanting to buy. At the same time, the clerk said "Hey" and waved the camera box at him. She had picked it up and was in the process of ringing up the sale.

He mumbled something unintelligible, shoved my headset back into my bag, and turned his back on me to return to the register. Stunned, I just walked quickly out the door to my car.

Once I got into my car, I started getting really mad. REALLY MAD!!! The nerve! What was that jerk thinking! I was furious! He had yelled at me! What did he think? The gall! The Absolute Gall! I almost turned my car around to go back to the store to give him a "piece of my mind". (Sounds like something mhy Mom would have said!) But, then, he would have already paid for his stupid camera and left by then.

Now, here's the joke. I wasn't upset that the guy had yelled at me, not even upset that he had yanked my shopping bag open and taken stuff out of it with out even asking. I was mad ...
because he had said ...

"Hey, Lady"!

What did he think? That I'm an old lady?!?

Shee. I'm 58 years old. Of course, to that early 20's mind, I AM an old lady...

The 25 yr old flower child within me feels confused ..............

Peace, love and rock n' roll!

1 comment:

Loree Jackson said...

Well, that's the ...what do they call them now? "Generation Me", generation. Also known as the attention span of a flea or dummer than a box of rocks generation. Not all of course. If you've never seen the movie "Idiocracy", get a copy. It's funny and terrifying all at the same time.

Blog Archive